Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First Day of SAMS

On the night of January 9th, 2012, I laid down feeling like an eight-year old. The internal feelings of "what's it going to be like tomorrow" stirred through the mass between my eyes like a stock car circling an oval track.


My first day in the Advanced Military Studies Program is today. Despite it only being a simple "introduction week," there is nothing simple about it. The group, 16 in my seminar and 16 in the other, is full of folks selected out of a group of over 100 applicants during a rigid process early in 2011. The introduction piece will surely be a matter of "sizing each other up."


Stealing a line from "Rudy," I'm five-foot-nothing, a hundred-and-nothing, I don't have anything to prove to anyone, but myself.


This is going to be a fun year.

No comments:

Post a Comment